Monday 18 November 2013

Back to the usual.

Last week was horrific. I was a complete mess. I barely functioned. Thankfully, I picked back up slightly on Saturday and therapy resumed today so things have gotten back to normal.

The clinical psychologist wanted to see me for five minutes about what happened last time I was there (read about it at this link if you don't already know) and asked if her or my therapist could've done anything differently but they couldn't have.

EMDR isn't an option for the time being which is understandable. I told the clinical psychologist I wanted to keep that option open along with all others and she agreed to. In fact, she was extremely happy about it.

Afterwards, I saw my therapist and we discussed it further before moving on to discussing what the past two weeks were like (last week especially). She told me that I have a certain maturity that a lot of people my age don't have because of everything I've had to go through and am still dealing with.

We also discussed me comparing myself to other people and ended up having a really interesting discussion about social networking, the media and their influences on our lives. However, because it started towards the end of our session, we're going to continue it next week.

On a different note, I received a text from one of my best friends afterwards telling me he was okay. I had texted him on Thursday asking when he was returning to England and received no reply. I started worrying so I texted him again last night and asked him to text me so I knew he was okay. It turns out that he had replied to my first text but it didn't get through.

I’m so relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment