Sunday 10 November 2013

Weekend musings.

A former friend texted me yesterday afternoon to tell me that her now ex boyfriend left her and pulled the personal issues card.

Let me give you a highly condensed version of the back story so it makes more sense.

This former friend (I'll call her Angela to protect her identity) met her boyfriend (I'll call him Steve) last year and got with him in November.

He's taking part in a lot of shady things and didn't let her meet any of his friends. I wasn't the only one concern. Several of her friends expressed concern about this and had others but as you can probably guess, she didn't listen.

In September, I stayed with her for the night and she ended up having an hour long argument with her mother about her relationship with Steve during which I went outside to have a few cigarettes. I still heard the argument, though.

I was unable to sleep that night and ended up calling my mum at 6am and broke down crying once she answered. My dad kindly collected me a few hours later and I went to sleep almost as soon as I got home.

When I woke up, I saw a text from Angela blaming me for the argument with her mother and causing problems in her relationship. I replied telling her that unless she changed her attitude, I never wanted to hear from her again. Since then, I've received several abusive text messages from her.

I don't buy the personal issues excuse. He had his fun with her and got bored. That's what it is. However, because of how badly she treated me, I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. I can't forgive her for treating me so badly.

Yesterday evening, one of my best friends posted to my Facebook timeline saying she wants to see me before Christmas. A lot of my friends want to see me yet I still feel unwanted. Why? I don't know.

All that aside, at least there are a few good things coming up. The third (and sadly, final) series of Borgen starts airing here on Saturday, I have no therapy tomorrow which gives me a whole week off any appointments of any kind and I'm probably going to Costa this week to sample their Christmas menu. I should be pleased but I'm shattered. Completely and utterly shattered.

I'd love to not feel anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment