Friday 8 November 2013

Katatonia, Lacuna Coil and Paradise Lost @ Roundhouse 3rd November 2013.

WARNING: This post is going to be very picture heavy, and will contain a fair amount of fangirling.

It's also mainly about Lacuna Coil.

I woke up at 8am to begin getting ready to meet a friend of mine and queue early. I left the house at 10:30am to make my way to Camden so I could get some Chinese food from one of the food markets for breakfast before meeting my friend.

I ended up running into said friend in Camden who had a bottle of Disranno & coke with her and after she got her food, we headed off to the Roundhouse and arrived at approximately 11:45am.

Not long after we arrived, Cristina, Andrea and CriZ of Lacuna Coil walked past. The few of us that were already there ran up to them and they were more than happy to stop for photos despite being on their way to  get breakfast.

The first thing Cristina commented on was my hat as she has the same one. I ended up getting four photos with her and a lot of hugs. I got slightly carried away but she didn't mind at all.

The best part? She remembered me! My adoration and respect for her grows every time I meet her.

Cristina and I.

Cristina and I.
Cristina and I.
Cristina and I.
Andrea told me that they're aiming to release their new album in March and plan to do a headlining UK tour next year. I'm already hoping for a Birmingham and/or Oxford date along with the obiligatory London one.

Andrea and I.
CriZ and I.
Maus of Lacuna Coil walked past a couple of hours later. I had been trying to get a picture with him for over three years but never could for one reason or another. That changed, though, and I got three photos with him.

Maus and I.
Maus and I.
Not too long after, another friend arrived with the alcohol he promised me. Needless to say, I ended up rather drunk.

Just before 5pm, Maki walked past and was more than happy to stop for a few minutes to pose for photos.

Something I adore about Lacuna Coil is how kind they are to their fans. They don't have to be. They could easily ignore them but they stop whenever they can to talk, sign items and/or pose for photos.

Maki and I.
At around 5:30pm, we were let inside the venue and I went to the merchandise table to get the Lacuna Coil top I wanted. I ended up wanting the hoodie as well but didn't have enough money. It'll probably be available online in a matter of weeks, though.

The top. It's far nicer in real life.
I ended up in the second row towards the right of the stage. Not the best view but it could've been a lot worse.

I found Katatonia extremely boring. They were playing the entirety of Viva Emptiness in reverse which I like but I found their set to drag and wanted it to be over.

Lacuna Coil, on the other hand, were fantastic. It was my eighth time seeing them live and they didn't disappoint. Every performance I've seen of theirs has been magical in different ways. I've never not felt an extreme high after seeing them live.

Setlist:

I Don't Believe In Tomorrow
Kill The Light
Fragments of Faith
Heaven's A Lie
The Game
Our Truth
Upsidedown
Without Fear
Swamped
Intoxicated
Trip The Darkness
Spellbound





Paradise Lost were much better than I expected them to be. I don't listen to them often so I wasn't too sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. Lacuna Coil were the band of the night for me, though.

I left barely being able to walk and with an aching body for the next two days but I didn't mind. Getting home wasn't too fun, though.

I had hesitated to get a ticket given that Lacuna Coil were only playing a support set but I'm so happy I got one in the end. I met some awesome people and out of the three bands, the only one I didn't enjoy was Katatonia.

I can't wait for Lacuna Coil's new album to be released and headlining UK tour next year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic night and love the photos! :) Wish I could've gone but hoping to see them next year when they come back to London seeing as the last time I saw them was back in 2011! Super excited about the new album too.

    ReplyDelete