Saturday 7 December 2013

Week in photographs.

I apologise for not blogging over the last few weeks. I haven't felt motivated and don't want to blog for the sake of blogging. Nothing worth blogging about has happened anyway.

That said, however, I'm working on a review of sorts of all the items from the Costa Christmas 2013 menu I've tried so far so keep an eye out for it!


On Monday, I went to Costa with one of my friends and remembering a friend's suggestion from last week, I ordered a white hot chocolate with caramel sauce and edible gold stars instead of cherry sauce while waiting for him. I'll be getting it again for sure. I'm not a fan of anything cherry and the cherry sauce is no exception.

Afterwards, we went to Subway for lunch where I had my first meal there for over a year. Sadly, my knee injuries flared up and I had to go home earlier than planned because the painkillers were taking longer than usual to work. We still had a great time together, though.

My copy of Showtime, Storytime by Nightwish arrived on Tuesday. I adore it! I've been listening to it non-stop since. I watched a bit of the documentary but switched it off and don't plan to watch it any further for personal reasons.

 Floor Jansen has improved tenfold since joining Nightwish last year. I've been a fan of her for years but she was rusty with Nightwish at first. Now, however, is a completely different story. I still don't like her take on some of the songs but she's well and truly improved. I can't wait for the new album to be released!

I went to Garlic & Shots in Soho with one of my friends on Wednesday and had a great night as usual. I had a horseradish shot (pictured) which was vile. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be and I've had worse but it was vile all the same.

I saw The Hunger Games: Catching Fire yesterday and loved it. It's outstanding. I wasn't a fan of the book because while some parts of it were brilliant, it took too long for me to get in to but I had high expectations for the film and wasn't let down. I loved every second.

It's easily the best book to film adaption I've ever seen. I'm usually highly critical of book to film adaptions but I have nothing bad to say about it.

If you want to see it and haven't already, do it. I couldn't recommend it more. I'm planning on pre-ordering the DVD soon and would see it again on Tuesday because of the cheap ticket prices but can't because of family matters that need to be taken care of. I can't complain, though.

If you live near a Cineworld cinema, register at mycineworld to get 10% off your cinema tickets. It doesn't sound like a lot but cinema tickets are usually ridiculously expensive so any discount you can get helps a bit so take advantage.

 Another good way of getting cheaper tickets is to try going during off-peak times (generally Monday - Friday before 5pm). However, this will depend significantly from cinema to cinema so make sure to check.

For more information, go to this link.

I hope you've all had a good week and have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment