Saturday 21 December 2013

Costa Christmas 2013. (Picture heavy)

I'm a complete and utter Costa fiend and always become excited when their Christmas menus are released. I adore their frosted mint hot chocolate and was extremely sad to find out that it wouldn't be returning this year.

On a happier note, their Christmas takeaway cups this year are completely and utterly adorable.

The full list of their Christmas offerings (taken directly from their website)

Seasonal Drinks:

Black Forest Hot Chocolate
Chocolate & Orange Mocha Latte
Gingerbread & Cream Latte
Hot Spiced Apple
Salted Caramel Latte
White Hot Chocolate

Festive Food:
Brie, Bacon and Cranberry Sourdough Panini
Pulled Pork Wrap
Turkey, Stuffing and Bacon
Soignon Goats Cheese & Christmas Chutney Panini

Christmas Treats:
Black Forest Fancy
Chocolate & Orange Fancy
Chocolate Yule Log
Gingerbread Muffin
Gluten Free Christmas Cake
Honeycomb Crunch
Marshmallow & Chocolate Cupcafke
Mini Chocolate Cornflake Clusters
Mince Tart
Rich Chocolate & Rasberry Torte
Ruby The Reindeer
Stollen Bites

So far, I've tried several of their Christmas offerings and here's my verdict on each of them.

White Hot Chocolate & Cream

With caramel sauce instead of cherry sauce.
I've never heard of any coffee shops selling white hot chocolate so my curiosity piped up instantly. I had to try it.

I made the mistake of ordering a large and found that it gets sickly after a while so I recommend ordering a medium. I prefer it without the cherry sauce but then again, I hate anything cherry. I've also had it with caramel sauce instead of cherry which I loved.

2/5 with the cherry sauce. 4/5 without & with the caramel sauce.

Honeycomb Hot Chocolate & Cream 



I adore this! The balance is just right. Not too much honeycomb but not too little either. You can taste it but it's not overpowering. One of my friends tried a bit of it on Thursday and he said it was really sweet so if you're not a fan of sweet drinks, I'd stay away from this one. 5/5

Chocolate & Orange Mocha Latte



 I hate coffee but curiosity got the better of me. I couldn't taste much chocolate & orange but I still liked it. I don't think I'd get it again, though. 3/5

Hot Spiced Apple


This tastes like strong hot apple juice with a kick of cinnamon. I can find cinnamon to be overpowering but not with this. I really liked it but found it quite hard to get through. It took me nearly an hour to finish it.

I'm in no hurry to get another one but I'll probably get at least one more before they go. 4/5

Honeycomb Crunch

I was so excited about trying this but to say that it disappointed me is a huge understatement. It was vile. It was so disgusting I threw it away after a few bites. 0/5

I didn't think about photographing it individually and I won't buy another one for the purpose of photographing it.

Chocolate Yule Log



A bit too sickly for my liking unfortunately. I love chocolate but this was just too much for me. 2/5

Chocolate & Orange Fancy



 I LOVE THIS. I adore anything chocolate orange and it didn't disappoint.

Thankfully, the cake wasn't too dry which I find with a few of Costa's cakes. However, it depends slightly on which one you go to. If there was only one item from the Christmas menu I'd want to be permanent, this would be it. 5/5

Overall, I love their Christmas menu! Their Christmas products are available until 2nd January so if you want to try anything on the menu, head to Costa soon if there's one near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment